Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Manic Panic Hellfire

Manic Panic is a brand I discovered by accident. It's a small independent, vegan, and with an interesting line. They seem to specialize in hair dyes... Here's a linky so you can check them out: http://www.manicpanic.com

The bottles are REALLY cool:


They're tiny at only .25 fl. oz. but at only $4, do you care? I love the little witch hat caps and let me tell ya, it was really easy to use! The only thing I disliked about the bottles was the opening for the brush is minute. You have to aim for it. The upside to this is that you don't really get too much polish gunked up on the brush or wand because it kind of cleans it for you.

Hellfire is so aptly named I can't even stand it. At first glance I thought, oh. A cheap clone of Rescue Beauty Lounge's Black Russian. Wrong. Where Black Russian is all subtlety and sex appeal, Hellfire is anything BUT subtle. It looks dangerous. It glows.


This looks a little brown with this light, but it's red and orange and FIRE! I love it. It's a black base and this would probably make a spectacular top coat to a black polish. I may try that! On the first layer, the red glitter is kind of sparse. I thought I was going to have a hot mess on my hands. Second coat just added depth, evened out the black...gorgeous. I had to go for a third coat and as you can see, it gets so deep you could almost swim in it. This is a stunner. I love. It went on so easily too, and dried fast. I literally would do all 10 nails and then layer immediately right over. It handles so nicely. The first coat is a bit of a streaky mess, which is what made me think...top coat over black? The second coat took care of that. It just got richer and richer.

Here's a partial sunshine shot:


The first bottle shot is closest to color, honestly. And I don't have a chip on the index nail, I don't know what that is!
Look at the fire here, and this isn't even a good swatch! I will try to get a full sun picture for you. I'll be reporting back in a couple days on how this wore so I can post it then. It's an eye catcher, it takes no prisoners.

And how can you not love that name. HELLLLLLFIRE! Hells yeah.

Mechanics:

This manicure is:

1 coat Seche Base Coat
1 coat Nailtiques 2
2 coats Seche Rebuild
3 coats Manic Panic Hellfire
1 coat Seche Vite top coat

I definitely recommend. I got good service, everything arrived pretty fast, the price was sure right...how can you go wrong? There is another line from this one called Claw Polish, but I've not tried it yet. If it's like this, then it's good!

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment