Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Glitter Gal - Lizard Belly

I have been SO excited to try these. These are holo goodness that is just unbelievable. In the bottle, Lizard Belly is sort of undefinable. So much so that I was surprised when I found it was a dark hunter green sort of base shade on the nails. It's gorgeous.

This is what this looks like in the sun or with the flash. Without that, it's not nearly so flashy, which I kind of like about it. It's a surprise, it's not in your face, it has some subtlety and then when the light hits it right...boom. You get this. I don't have a non-flash picture, but I hope to get one for the next post so I can show you what it wore like. Wear could be better. However, this is one coat, so...Hm. You know?

Here's a blurry shot:

OOOO!! It's just amazing.

Glitter Gal is available right now in the States at OverallBeauty.com, my home for all things BB Couture and now Glitter Gal. GG is made in Australia and my understanding is that they are all good on cruelty free. Right now OverallBeauty has a limited selection and she is ordering as she gets enough requests so if you would like to try some, I'd suggest ordering through them. It will take a bit, but you won't have the massive shipping expense that you have ordering direct. It's a deal the two companies have worked out, I understand. The bottles are minis, which is explained by Glitter Gal as being a result of top quality holo ingredients and only being a one coat polish. It IS a one coat polish, to be sure. All the same, I would put these at the higher end of the price spectrum.

This was a pretty simple manicure mechanically:

1 coat Seche base coat
1 coat Nailtiques 2
2 coats Seche Rebuild
1 coat Glitter Gal Lizard Belly
1 coat Seche Vite top coat

This was pretty easy to handle. It's a thicker polish, being one coat, but nice to manage. Because these are minis the brushes have a short throw which was interesting at first but I didn't have any problems. It's nicely pigmented and went on so well. 

Lovely, isn't it?

Next post I'll show you wear.

What do you think? Pretty snazzy, huh?

Happy Talons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment