Monday, September 19, 2011

Illamasqua Vice - and a surprising comparison

Illamasqua Vice, my next offering from the Theater of the Nameless collection, is a lovely red plum. No, really. It's the color of a red plum. I really like it a lot. I'm oddly fascinated with it. It has the same rubberized look to it and I'm still loving it.

Isn't that pretty? It looks like one of those colors I would use to a nub from my Big Box of Crayola crayons. I have a lot of pics of this because I love the color, I love it on me...Why not swatch it into oblivion?

 Isn't that gorgeous? It's a plummy red...it's so pretty and look what it does to my skin! It brings out the alabaster, which I love. No. I do not tan. I don't care who doesn't like it.

It's a lovely creme and like the rest of this collection, it went on thickly, but easily. See how tidy the cuticles are? Once again, I'm not really that good. The polish was just easy to manipulate.

So...I'm looking at this and I'm thinking...this looks like a plummier version of Deborah Lippmann Single Ladies. Hmmm. I had to try it. Check this out!

Um, wow. They are definitely not the same color. However...If you want the shiny look, just flat prefer Lippmanns, or want something just a shade redder...Deborah Lippmann's Single Ladies will do ya for a color similar to Vice. Obviously, the index finger and part of the ring finger are Single Ladies. I have one more shot I think is pretty telling:


How about that? The Lippmann looks a lot richer here, but it does have the shiny finish and it's over Vice.

Surprisingly similar, don't you think? Do you think you'll pick up both? This was a shock. I think if I hadn't swatched both of these collections at the same time I would never have picked up on this. So interesting.

Happy Talons!


No comments:

Post a Comment