Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Illamasqua Kink - Gorgeous, if Kinky!

Illamasqua's Fall and Winter offering this year is Theater of the Nameless. I picked up all 4 polishes, of course, and a lipgloss, which is gorge...Belladonna. I may swatch it for you if you like!

All four polishes have what Illamsaqua calls a "rubber finish". I think this is their version of the soft matte that Orly did last year? Plastics? I really like it.

The first I'm going to show you is Kink. I love it. What can I tell you? I love Kink! LOL
Kink is a lovely dark forest green. It's soft and kind of vibrant, but muted. There is definitely blue in there to soften it. It's really pretty gorgeous and I do like the rubber finish. I was not at all sure I would. It gives the polish a softness.


I think that to honor the finish, Illamasqua changed the caps a little, they're a rubberized matte and feel really pretty nice.
See the rubberized finish to this polish? The index nail really shows it well. It's a lovely deep forest green, and I think that a shiny finish on this might make it a bit harsh. I didn't compare this to the infamous Nars Zulu (animal testing, Shisheido!) but I like this just fine. I like it on me. This is just a swatch, so all I have here are two coats of polish. It went on beautifully, which I expect from Illamasqua, and covered well. This is a thick polish, if you were careful you might get a one coater, but it's probably not worth the effort.

The finish on these, being a pseudo-matte, helps it dry really pretty quickly. As a top coat would ruin the look, this is a good thing. You're not going to want to Seche or Poshe this.

Isn't that pretty? All of the polishes in the Theater of the Nameless collection are gorgeous in their own ways. This is one of my more favorites of them.

Here's another look at it:


What do you think? Are you going to check this collection out?

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment