Saturday, September 17, 2011

Illamasqua Taint - Tainted Love

The next I'm swatching from Illamasqua's Theater of the Nameless collection is Taint. I have a love hate relationship with Taint. I'm not the biggest fan of brown. Unless it's a pelt on an animal walking around? I'm probably not going to get gung ho. I'm not all that gung ho on Taint, either, but...I think you will see what I mean when you see this:

How do we describe Taint? The word DIRT comes to mind. Poop...that's another one. It's...brown. However...look at it on my skin tone. Let's try this again:

Um...yeah. It actually looks good on me. For...dirt. It has that rubber finish to it that I think I love. It's a non-committal mid-point between shine and matte. I like it. I think it lends a softness to the polish. You can top coat this collection if you want, and honestly, having the ability to do that with these gives you three separate colors in each bottle. You can slap a matte top coat over it and dull it completely, which I don't have. You can put a Seche over it and get a glossy polish, which I didn't do, or you can leave it as it is. I know Scrangie did do that, so you can take a look at her swatches. She is not a fan of this finish, but I rather like it. A rare time when I differ with Scrangie's opinion!  (By the way, she's great. Go see her blog, but please don't leave mine! :D )

This is two coats. Like Kink, this tends to go on thicker and opaque. I generally find that one coat is cheating and you end up sorry if you do. Two is my norm and I know a lot of the bloggers out there will do three. I kind of do two and see if I think 3 will help me.

Here's another shot:


See...that not really chocolate brown looks good on me. I'm not sure I like the color, it just doesn't really appeal to me. I thought this would be more taupe for some reason. I rarely even buy brown clothes or shoes...my one nod to brown is smokey topaz...it's simply not to my taste, but...this does look good on my pale alabasterness.

What do you think?

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment