Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Billionaire

Deborah Lippmann Billionaire is part of her new Fall color collection and it's dark, dark green. There is quite a bit of black in this I would say. It's the darkest color of green in a camouflage print. It's the darkest green of the ink used to print money, hence the name.


Here in this swatch you can see what I mean about the black. If you are looking for green you'll find it. If you're not...you won't. It's really very dark.

It's not QUITE this dark in real life, but it's dark.This is a straight cream. It covered nicely. I believe this is two coats. I need to take notes. It performed for application as one would expect from Deborah Lippmann. Smooth, creamy, nice to handle and good coverage with good pigmentation.

These two were taken without a flash on. This is close...

With a flash...whole other animal!


It's not this grassy in person. It's somewhere between these two.

Then I got to thinking...do I have another interesting comparison with the Illamasqua Kink?

HAHA! Yeah, no. Not even close. This bottle shot is very true to life, though. See the Army sort of dress greens color to this? That's really what I would equate it to. There is an olive tone to it, but not entirely. I would actually equate it to...spinach! Yes. Don't let that turn you off. If you're looking for an edgy dark olive green, this is your bottle.

It's a great color. I'm not big on greens, but this is pretty enough. Not my favorite, I don't think, but what do you think?

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment