Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Orly Birds of a Feather - Peachy Parrot

OOO. This is pretty. I bought Peachy Parrot and Sweet Peacock at the same time. Unfortunately, this is where my exposure started to get weird so my swatches look a bit different from the actual color. I don't know why this happened and I didn't really realize it was happening when I took them or I would have had a do-over.

 The color is actually a bit more intense and a little darker than this. However, it does have this frosty sort of feel to it, though I wouldn't call it technically a frost. Maybe because I associate "frost" with old Sally Hansen pinks from my early teen years. It does have a subtle shimmer to it.
This pretty melon color should be pretty flattering on most skin tones, I would guess. It's pretty and office suitable, it's just not gasp inducing. There isn't anything really remarkable about it.

It went on nicely, very smooth, as I expected. Some brush strokes are visible but nothing major.

You can see the pearliness here, probably even more so if you click the pic and see it larger.

Very pretty. **shrugs** I love the name....seriously, it's a very pretty polish, it's just not original. With birds for inspiration, this is really what they came up with? That's a pretty rich inspirational pool and the others are all pretty unique so...OK. I like it, don't get me wrong. It's pretty and I'll wear it. It looks good on me, too and it's good for any occasion. It's kind of summery...but I don't go on the season schedule as you might have realized.

What do you think? Picking this one up? Already have nine like it? Can't find it in your local Ulta? (Check on the bottom shelf!)

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment