Thursday, November 10, 2011

Orly Birds of a Feather - Fowl Play

Far Out!
...
Did I just date myself? Know that movie? Goldie Hawn, Chevy Chase...never mind.

Fowl Play is the stunner of the group. The others are pretty and I especially love Nite Owl, and still think it might be my favorite, but this is so unique. It's almost Nfu-Oh flakie unique.

Let's see if I can accurately describe this. It's a purple jelly base with red flakes and blue micro-shimmer. If you enlarge this swatch by clicking it, you should pick up the blue. It's amazing. There is so much going on.

Meh...I had a lot of trouble with swatches that day. Lighting getting weird, blur...this seems to have both...but you can see the polish and I think it's not so bad to have it in different lights or sometimes a bit blurry because it shows the color as you're really going to wear it. The blur sometimes just amplifies the sparkle. But..this is still not great. Sorry!

OK, now here you go. Even at normal size you can see some of that blue sparkle showing.
Now, it seems to me that this was rather sheer and the flakies make it a little tricky, but nothing you can't handle. I'm no pro and I got it on OK. From a distance this probably would just look like a nice purple, but when the light hits it...POW! Love it.

Look at the depth. Isn't this cool?

This is the last of the Birds of a Feather series! I tried to end it on a bang. I love this collection. It's fun, it's whimsical and not a real loser in the group. It's really diverse, too. They covered the bases. I think all we needed was a holo and we'd have hit most of the polish types. Plus, being available readily on line I was able to pick most of this collection up relatively cheaply, which is a bonus. I think it's worth checking out!

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment