Monday, November 28, 2011

BB Couture - Wild West Collection - Bandito Shout Out

We must interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to give a shout out to a friend who has a birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SPACE BANDITO!

Adding to the wonder, it's a great purple! It's what I'm currently wearing as my regular mani, not a swatch, but I just applied it so there will have to be a Bandito Redux to cover wear.

I'm also trying out the BB Couture base and top coats so I'll have lots to tell you all!

Bandito!!

Lovely reddish plum. I've seen other swatches for this where it seemed a lot more royal but this is gorgeous. I really love this color.

This was a little more watery than I'm used to. It started to come together as the bottle was open and the second coat was easier to manage.

It has almost a metallic sheen to it but it's not. You can see the lovely pearl like quality.


Isn't that pretty? It does give me a slight reddish tint, though, doesn't it. Oh well. Might be the lighting. This is very accurate to color. Actually, this is such a strange polish...when I first put it on in indirect light I thought...I'm gonna have to write Kim, I think I got as weird batch, this is like gunmetal. Then I got it in more direct light and I have this lovely thing.

One last view:


Pretty pretty pretty!

This was:

2 coats Hard On Nail Strengthener (BB Couture)
1 coat Nailtiques 2
2 coats Seche Rebuild
2 coats BB Couture Bandito
1 coat Top-Rock top coat

The top coat did dry fast, but I had some softness in the lacquer underneath. Also, it picked up the pigment of the lacquer, but that may have been my rushing things more than anything. As you can see, it produced a nice high shine.

I'll let you know how it wore later on! This will come off Wednesday night when I should have my regular mani, though. Not a true road test.

Happy Talons! And Happy Birthday to the Bandito!

No comments:

Post a Comment