Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Manglaze Glazes the Royal Wedding

There were a few royal wedding polish salutes out there...ButterLondon did it's engagement version, a really lovely purple with sparkle which I will get around to wearing one day, called "No More Waitey, Katie". Cute!

Manglaze, on the other hand, did their own thing and it's fantastic. Meet "Royal Matterimoaning", which, by their own admission, was:

"Royal Matterimoaning ManGlaze
SAPPHIRE BLUE NAIL POLISH
As usual, we came up with a stupid name for a kick ass looking color. While most are focused on the upcoming ceremony ... well we don't need to spell it out I guess. "
 

Fab? I think so. If you've been reading this blog, you know I've never been much for the matte look. Howeverrrrrr....this could win me over to the dull side.  It has a curiously smooth feel, like...a doll's face. It has all that lovely silver sparkle that is so understated in a matte finish. The color is rich and definitely blue.. what's not to love? 

This is the color of denim, honestly. If you don't believe me, check this out:

Kinda cool, isn't it?

I honestly do love everything about this brand. The bottles, the labels, the colors, the names and most of all, the polish. It goes on thick., dries super fast, handles easily, is highly pigmented and wears well. I'm on day 4 and it JUST chipped. To be perfectly honest, I had some application issues, but it wasn't the fault of the Matterimoaning. My Rebuild is about shot. I actually went to Sally to try to get the Seche renew stuff, I can't remember what it's called, but they didn't have it. The Manglaze dried immediately, but the Rebuild under it did not and so this dented quite a lot. You could get away with one decent coat of this, but this is four because I was too lazy to take it all off and use a different base coat. Bleah. Now the one nail that was a real problem has chipped big time and it's too late to do a new mani. Besides...I really want to put a top coat on this and see what we get....Next post!

Mechanics!

1 coat Seche Base coat
1 coat Nailtiques 2
2 coats gummy Seche Rebuild
4 coats Manglaze Royal Matterimoaning

It's worn really really well, seriously. Left hand is pristine. I didn't have the dentage, edge issues that I did with the right. The right still looks great. I came home and worked like a slave which is what the problem is. Even though I'm wearing gloves now to do dishes, if you make 4 loaves of zucchini bread, make dinner, clean the kitchen 3 times...you're gonna have a problem. 
Here is what it looked like this morning:


Oddly, it does have this sheen in real life. This is the awesome lighting at my desk. I took this swatch this morning so I could show the lack of wear. I have found this to be true of Manglazes and wonder if it's true of mattes in general. They wear like iron, it's awesome. 

The right is here, you will see the wear is different, I think because this hand was just more of a problem overall:

That middle finger has a big ole chip in it now but I do not blame the polish. I blame cleaning the kitchen 3 times. 

So what do you think? I love it. 

I will post a top coat pic probably next, but if not, in the next couple of days. I'm dying to see that. 

Happy Talons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment