Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cult Nails - Time Traveler

Time Traveler. Oooo. Now. Time Traveler is blue. I don't mean just plain Jane blue. I mean...BLUE. It's in your face, royal bright blue. Check it out.

That is one coat. If you look at the ring finger, you can see a little sheerness there. The middle finger...that one shows you how Cult picks up it's own color. I probably went over that one an extra time and so you have that intensity of color. They all seem to do it. It's OK, you just need to be a little careful.

Could it get bluer? This is cobalt. It's the color of your granny's cobalt glasses, if yours had those.

OK. Two coats.
This is a shade of blue that I absolutely love. I like blue well enough, but cobalt. Cobalt fascinates me. It fascinates me like a Valkyrie likes baubles. It's hypnotic. (Valkyrie like baubles and jewels, if you're not familiar with your Norse myths. Or at least the trashy version of them I love to read, anyways. I just couldn't think of another simile.)

I want to stare at this color.

Note where I messed up and tried to fix it. Beware of that. This is a color that stains. Just wear a good base coat or two and you'll be all good. It's a sign that this is hyper pigmented and it's a good thing, generally. Just don't get it all over you as I did. Fixing it is not so easy. I wound up soaking this off with acetone. Yep, lots o pigment.

I don't know what else to say about it. This is the end all be all of cobalts in my book. This is it. Look no further. All other cobalt blues will pale in comparison.

Probably literally.

Last one, unfortunately. I had two others but they were almost identical to this and I figured if you'd got this far you probably deserved not to listen to me rant in fan girl silliness over this color any longer. It's creamy, it's rich, it's highly highly pigmented...it's amazing. I love it.

Ok, Last of the fangirliness.

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment