Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween!!

I kinda love Halloween. I don't get all dressed up and stuff, but it brings with it apples and peanut butter pumpkins and lots of cute decorations involving goofy spiders, black cats and the lovely Great Pumpkin with the Flying Ace shot down behind enemy lines....YOU BLOCKHEAD!!!! LOL!

I got a rock.

So, I do tend to get drawn to the fun Halloween makeup though usually I stick to the nails. I really only indulged in a couple, what with that pesky determination to shop only cruelty free. Mainly...China Glaze. Their Halloween stuff tends to be so fun! I think last years collection was more inspired, but...for my readers I didn't dig those out. I don't even know if you can still get them.


It's ALIVE!!!

Isn't that fun?? It is, obviously, a grass green glitter on a blackened green jelly, I would call it. It has a ton of sparkle and color. I got several compliments on it. It went on super thick and the glitter is very, very dense. This has a coat of Seche Vite over it and it didn't even phase it. That's the kind of sparkle I'm talkin' 'bout!


Don't you love it? Look at that! I believe it IS Alive!! (great name!)


This one, you may have to click to enlarge it, shows the different sizes of glitter. I believe I see hex glitter in there. It just adds a lot. This wound up being smooth with a top coat, which is nice. Glitters...they can be so problematic.

This wore really well, until it didn't. When it went kerflooie, it didn't mess around. It came off in huge chunks. One at work, which, being resourceful, I managed to glue back on for several hours with a coat of Seche. It held through the work day, can't ask for more than that! I like this polish a lot and while it's meant for Halloween, I don't see why it has to be limited to that.

This came in a collection with a black crackle and a glow in the dark top coat. I didn't try either of those with this. I liked it on it's own. Plus...I'm not a huge fan of the crackle. I am wearing it right now, but it's for Halloween. I wouldn't probably for every day. And unfortunately, I've not swatched it yet. I might do an after Halloween follow up...

The other offering I picked up was Haunting. It's a dark charcoal/black jelly with silver glitter. This glitter is more your standard fare.

It's striking, though, isn't it? I like this one a lot. It reminds me of Orly Goth...I should do a comparison.


Sorry for the crap paint job. Why didn't I clean that mess up? Well, regardless, you can see the sparkle here. It looks a lot like a night sky...a winter's night sky, when it's so black but you can smell the snow in the air? Love those nights.


A little different angle, it shows more of the sparkly goodness.


These were both two coats. Haunting does not have a top coat on because I was only swatching it. This came right back off after the snaps were taken.

Lovely, aren't they? Scary? Not so much!! That's OK, Halloween should be fun, in my view, not scary. If I want scary, I'll watch the news!!

Happy Haunted Talons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment