Friday, December 9, 2011

Deborah Lippmann - Brick House

I'm not sure why she's called this Brick House. I know Ms. Lippmann's thing is naming all her colors after songs, but this is...copper. It's gorgeous. But there is really nothing reminiscent of brick about it. When I think brick, I think red. Dark red. This is a shimmer metallic copper, it's the color of new copper pipe.

This manicure was 5 or 6 days old when I took these swatches. You can see what kind of wear I had. I had touched up the tips and they're wearing back off again here. I shuffle a lot of papers. This is to be expected.

There is a really pretty shimmer to this, micro-shimmer if you will, that gives it a bit of something extra.


Not that you can see that in the above picture. Huh. Well, I took a side bottle shot so you could see the color in the bottle plainly:

These snaps are very true to color, I'm pleased. You can see the hint of shimmer both on the nail and in the bottle. It was a very flattering shade on me, but I could see where an olive skin tone might not love this so much.

Ah yeah. You can definitely see some mean tip wear. However, the color is gorgeous. It's not even new penny because that would be too bright. Copper pipe. It's a great color for the fall season. We're kind of in Christmas season now, but I will get to those!

Last shot:


The BMWWU put this on but I'm assuming it handled like a typical Deborah Lippmann: great. It was perfectly good while I was touching up the tips. That's not really a good formula test, but it seemed manageable enough.

I know this was two coats of Orly Nail Armor and two coats of lacquer. Beyond that...I'm not sure what all she put on here. There a was a top coat, usually Poshe.

Pretty, no? YES!

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment