Thursday, December 8, 2011

BB Couture for Men - Stud Finder

Stud Finder. BB Couture can be so tongue in cheek.

I often love the men's polishes more than the women's. They're edgier, tougher...the colors tend to be a little more out there because they aren't colors usually associate with women or with nail polish, for that matter. Stud Finder does not disappoint.

That is my smoky quartz ring I bought on sale...I love it. It's HUGE, which is not normally my style but when the stone is as pretty as that one, you kinda have to go for it. It is a heavy thing, too. I wore it in the swatch because it compliments the smokiness of Stud Finder so well.

Stud Finder is a difficult polish to describe. Fortunately, the swatches turned out near perfect. I took them at work! The best place, so I don't have bottle shots for you. Those are nice, I like to see them because sometimes bottle color is deceiving. In the bottle this is somewhat darker.

This is a near perfect swatch. It's exactly the pewter beige color of the polish and it captured the signature BB Couture micro shimmer ideally. The shimmer is there and visible but it's not like the last couple swatches of Ozotic bling. It's more subtle. This is perfectly office appropriate.

Kind of an attempt to show this in different lights, but it's merely meh, isn't it? The thumb nail looks amazing, though...

Isn't it lovely? I liked this and I loved wearing it. It's kind of ice queeny, isn't it? It's a fun neutral, if such a thing is possible.

The mechanics were my standard:

1 coat Seche Base Coat
1 coat Nailtiques Formula 2
2 coats Seche Rebuild
2 coats BB Couture Stud Finder
1 coat Seche Vite Top Coat

It wore pretty well but I abused it so it chipped. I think my top coat is going again.

I promise, I'll get off the BB Coutures for awhile. You guys have seen a lot of BB Couture lately. That isn't a bad thing, but the other companies put out some fun stuff as well. I have some great Christmas polishes to show you from Butter and China Glaze and I will do those! Next will be Deborah Lippmann Brick House, which I am wearing now. (wearing great, incidentally!)


Happy Talons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment