Monday, February 6, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge - Opaque Pink

This quote from The Princess Bride keeps going through my head: "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means." Inigo Montoya. (No, I didn't kill his father, I'm not preparing to die.)

Opaque. I think it means not able to be seen through. Kinda close, right? Saturated to the point of not being sheer.

Opaque Pink is not that.


Opaque? Not so much.

Or...maybe I need to look it up!

Dictionary.com:
not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.
Yeah, no.  This is not at all Opaque. I swatched a bunch of stuff before the holidays and didn't get it all blogged so this is pre one coat swatches. This is two coats. 
I hate sheer. You know I hate sheer. 
This is really, really NOT opaque.  It's pretty, I guess. It's a nice pale pink and over an actually opaque base coat it might be fine. Note the line on my middle finger? That was where I had a nail repair there and some of the darker colors I had swatched had stained the glue there. You can see that. 
 Label shot...blurry, but here. Note the streaky thumbnail. I...am not a fan of this! I'm sorry! Normally Ji Baek and her group at Rescue Beauty do no wrong, but...Good lord. This is not working on me at all. 
Here's a closer shot and the back of the bottle so you can really see what it looks like in there. It's...pale dusty pink. It's kind of a streaky mess. I don't know if another couple coats would have helped this out, or good base coat or what. This is just a swatch so this is on bare nails. Maybe that's the problem. 
 Uhhhh...is it me or does it look slightly yellow on me in this shot? 
 OK, this one makes it look slightly doable...maybe. 
 A tighter bottle shot. It's pretty in the bottle...if it had actually been opaque I might have liked it better. 
Wow. A very rare fail from a very reliable manufacturer. I just didn't like this. 
The formula was predictably good, but streaky. I think it's just a product of whatever pigments they sprinkled over this to get some color in it. You can see it has plenty of shine. 
I'm kind of speechless and that's not a good thing for a blogger to be. 
Happy Talons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment