Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What to wear?

Ugh. A nail polish hound's worst nightmare. At least, it's a worst nightmare at 9pm on a Sunday night, which is when I'm writing this. You will read this Wednesday or sometime after. But it's still pertinent.

I can't figure out what color to wear.

I've done greys for the last couple of weeks. I don't want grey.

Red? Not in the mood.

I was thinking purple, but then I get distracted by green. I know. I don't really like green.

Then...I think about the blog. I've been butterLONDONing you all over the place so no butters. Deborah Lippmann's are always popular posts, but...meeeehhhhh. I have new ones coming, or at least some I don't have, and I don't feel like doing that now when I have those to do later. Plus...I don't know. I could do a purple. Hmmm.

I haven't done an Illamasqua in an age and I have Rescue Beauty swatches done that I need to write about so I don't really need to do a Rescue Beauty.


I need to just figure out a color family at least. I need to narrow it down!

OK. Let's do Illamasqua.

Illamasqua....let's see....**going through drawer of Illamasqua**

How do you guys keep your polish, anyways? I keep mine by brand and then in no particular order. I kind of know them all, or I have a good idea by the names and that's good enough cross-reference. I know some keep theirs by color. I can see why you would.
I was just curious.

OK. I've narrowed it down to these four:

Left to right, top to bottom:Baptiste, Poke, Eclipse and Propaganda.

Not Eclipse. It's lovely but it has too much grey in the blue.
Propaganda....Hmmm. Blue might be OK. Let's try it and see what I think.


I didn't take these swatches for seriousness, can you tell? Nice glare and nice fingie prints on the bottle. *facepalm*

Nice. Maybe. Little bright for my mood.

Ooo. Baptiste. We could have a winner. Royal Purple? Hells yeah. That might be the baby. But let's try Poke. I got it out and everything.

Very pretty.

But too pink. Not my mood. Tomorrow I have to go back into the Snake Pit work. I need to remember to be regal and above such things. Baptiste it is.

Whew. See how hard it is sometimes? Then you just have to remember it isn't a tattoo. You can always take it off later.

Maybe I should do Poke...NO! Decision's made.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment