Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hard Candy Sky

K, this was weeks ago. I'm so far behind and I apologize again. I've just had a great deal going on. The Talons have been tricked out and I'm taking pics but motivation has been an issue and time...I'm a bad blogger.

If you're reading this, hopefully you're forgiving me already. Something I have a note to myself to figure out: how to schedule my posts...I know there is a way. Oh yes. It will be mine.

K, and the blog is a major fail on not buying any more polish front. I just did major hauls from the Nordstrom sale, foregoing the MAC brushes I thought about getting in favor of the 4 new Deborah Lippmann's and some Butters. Wallis, ladies and gentils hommes. Oh yes. Sparkly olive green glitter? Hells to the hell yeah. Am I picturing this over the Deborah Lippmann Billionaire (a hunter green)? Yep. Am I picturing it over black? Yahhuh! That is if it's a sheer jelly with sparkle and not opaque...we shall see. However, Wallis will be a while coming, she going to take a bit to ship. Then I hit up the BB Couture new limited editions...Not sure about some but the ones I AM sure about I'm super excited for so...I had to give up the men's wild west collection. Again. But it will be mine. **curses self for not picking up on the specials a month ago. Idiot.** I NEED Bandito. The SB would be proud. ... That would be a nod out to a friend who will never read this blog in a zillion years, unless I could figure out how to polish his Maine Coon Cat's claws in something...like Glampyre, maybe. No wimpy colors for a cat named Sandor!

Also...and yeah, I know, like that's not enough, I hit LCN Cosmetics. I had never heard of this brand but they're doing magnetics. You know, the fabled and impossible to get Lancome magnetics that came out a couple years ago? Yeah, like that, only cheaper. I went for the whole "Starter Set" which was mega-yen, but it also came with all 8 colors and both magnets. I can't wait. While you know I'm not a big fan of nail art, this is a whole other animal. I did a google on them and they were clear on the animal cruelty thing, though I have to admit, these are so awesome I had them in the cart before I checked. Only images of tortured bunnies in my head made me stop before I pulled the trigger.

My credit card is actually weeping, as will I be when I see the bill, what with a new smartphone on there, wifi for the house plus whatever stupidity I downloaded to my nook....I'm sorry. The slowly diminishing book clutter in my world makes me do these things. The nail polish thing...that's just psychosis. I seriously want the rest of the a England collection as well, but I need to make a couple payments before I do anything like that. Hello. And of course, the awesome Scrangie, who I turn to first for all things polish, has already got her talons tricked out in the Rescue Beauty previews. I will be pre-ordering just as soon as I get the email. **shakes fist at Ji Baek again. WHY do you do such fantastic colors/polishes? Why can't they suck?? *sigh* ** Check her blog on this very site to see.

So. With all that blather said, I'm getting caught up.

Hard Candy Sky. OK...if you've been reading this blog, you know that even though I can do cheaper polishes with a lot less hassle, I luvs my salon/premier brands. I just do. I find the colors are more interesting, probably because you have to work harder to get them. Only true devotees and rebels are going to wear some of the stuff I put out here, I think. At least in my small midwestern town. So, to find a fun and very cheap, relatively, cruelty free brand at my not even awesome local Wal-Hell? Yeah. Hand Candy is a Leaping Bunny recipient so we're all good there, and it has really great colors. I have tried some of the make-up and meh. The polish though....it's pretty cool. So I give to you Sky:

Which still looks green in this picture. I assure it is not. Pssht. Crap. I think I went through this in a post before. Let's try this yet again.

Still greenish and slightly blurry, but you can see the blue flash there...that may have been my idea with the blur to start with. It's really a very pretty pastel, and I'm not a big pastel fan.

Here we go again:


Yep, no. Still looks green. Crap. I have one last offering:

Poo. Well, trust me. It's blue.

I do not remember the whole of this mani, but knowing me, it was

1 coat Seche Base Coat
1 coat Nailtiques 2
2 coats Seche Vite Rebuild - which has transformed my nails with consistent use, I'm not kidding. Nail peelage? Gone. Now...I've been taking a vitamin as well, for healthy skin, hair and nails, so that may have done some of the work here.
2 coats Hard Candy Sky
1 coat Seche Vite Top Coat

I do remember that this was slightly chalky going on, which was weird, and that it was somewhat troublesome to apply. But the end result was just what I wanted: edgy, light and airy and pretty. I'm getting better at painting close to my cuticles, check it out....


So, I'm very sorry I didn't get a better pic of this. It was hard color to capture. I think the last one is truest to form, but...none of them are great. I believe this was sunlight through a window.

It wore...OK. I've seen better. My nails are getting a serious work out these days as I'm doing all the cooking and dishes and whatever bathroom cleaning is getting done. I've been slacking lately on that, which is gross, I know, but dammit, I get tired too! The kitchen is spotless as usual so shut up. Spend more time in there anyways. **grumbles**

If anyone would like to see a bottle shot, let me know and I will post one. You can either email me or leave a comment.

Happy Polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment