Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A England Tristam Holy F***

**Is speechless**

I gave a little preview of this a while ago, because I’m that far behind. It didn’t take me long to try it, however.
It’s gorgeous. I’m sorry….this is spectacular. Just…look for yourselves.

Yeah…there’s a little tip wear here. Do you care? Really? Look at this! It shows more purple here than I would say that it actually is, but it’s not far off. This is a natural light through the window picture. This is a show stopper. It looks like a clear winter’s night.

I couldn’t stop looking at it. It’s backup worthy and I really don’t do that. New stuff comes out all the time and the chances of your remembering that spectacular thing that made you so happy last summer is not likely. This isn’t that easily forgotten, though. I no longer lemming Essie Starry Starry Night. I don’t have to worry about trying to find that on ebay (at the time it was for real cruelty free, not just pseudo cruelty free) and I wouldn’t be able to blog it anyways simply because it’s no longer available. I just don’t think that’s very fair to you guys. I will always try to be straight up about where I get what I get and if you can’t go buy it, you won’t see it here. BB Couture Dragon’s Breath? Amazing as it is, you won’t see it here because you can’t get it any longer. If I get a notice from OverallBeauty.com (Kim is a sweetheart and a big customer advo, I can tell you from personal experience) that they’ve made more, I will try to get it blogged and swatched. Until then…it will have to be a mani-in-between for myself that you won’t see until you can get it. I just won’t do it! No offense to the plethora of bloggers out there who do it, I love you all and have learned so much from you all, but…I can’t. I know how it feels to be the one who wants it and can’t get it.
BUT. Off on yet another tangent, we see.
I don’t want Starry Starry Night any more. I have this. I love this. I love this more. Check it out:
I could bawl, it’s so amazing. This is sunlight again, obviously. It would likely be prettier if I could bring myself to spend the bucks to wash my buggy. I’m sure more light could come through there. Look at the depth! Love. Love. Love. Lovelovelovelovelove. I feel like the tree in The Last Unicorn when she latches onto Shmendrick. (If you haven’t read it, READ it. If you haven’t watched it, WATCH IT. Fall in love. Then go to the Conlan Press Website (google it, peeps) and buy the signed editions from them because they give more schwag to the struggling and brilliant Peter S Beagle. Then read the Rhinoceros Who Quotes Nietsche and revel in his genius. You simply don’t get a bad story from Mr. Beagle.) TANGENT!

So…this is so gorgeous I want to eat it. I’m not kidding. Look at that. What more do you want me to say? It’s iced blueberry, it’s the Mediterranean under a full moon, sapphires on a bed of diamonds….or the opposite. It’s the deep deep blue of that guy I used to work with’s eyes. Say what you will about the Poles, but in my experience, there are some seriously gorgeous blue eyes that come out of that country. He wasn’t anything to sneeze at himself. **sigh** It’s holo glitter awesomeness of a level hitherto unmeasurable by the seriously lacking human technology we have to rely on. It’s off the charts.
 **cleans drool off keyboard**
Wear…it did OK. About as well as anything could with the amount of abuse I heap on it.  It did begin to chip, but not badly. It seems to me the reason I removed it was because the chips it did begin to form were catching in my hair. I hate that. It just couldn’t handle the amount of water my polish is submerged in and I can’t hold any blame against it for that.
This is super-saturated. Wear a basecoat. Maybe a couple coats of it, if you don’t apply any other treatments to your nails. If you don’t…I hate you. I hate you because I’m jealous.
It applied almost watery at first. I was shocked because as you know from a previous post, it covered yellow like it was nothing. I think possibly the other existing coats of polish really grabbed it. I’m not sure what the deal was. Maybe I just put it on lighter when I did the full mani. However, it straightened itself out OK. I can’t remember if this was 2 or 3 coats. I may have done 3 just to deepen it. I did try the base and top coats, adorably named The Knight and the Shield, respectively. It seems to me the basecoat did dry rather fast but the top coat didn’t? OMG, it’s hard for me to remember now. I need to take notes if I can’t blog right away. Derrrr. I’m sure I’ll be drawn to the other colors and I will try to comment because I have guilt.

I THINK what I did was:

1.      1 coat - The Knight basecoat
2.      1 coat – Nailtiques 2
3.      2 coats – Seche Rebuild
4.      2 or 3 coats A England Tristam
5.      1 coat The Shield topcoat

One more shot for posterity…I took a ton.

Oh my.

Happy Polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment