Saturday, February 9, 2013

Deborah Lippmann - Moon Rendezvous

Miss Lipp put out three polishes in her Spring collection and I had to have all of them, of course. I promise, I have some butters coming up and we'll get off Miss Lipp for awhile. She's just had so much out the last few months and of course, being a junkie, I have to have ALLLLL of it.

Moon Rendezvous appears to be the star of this collection and it is very easy to see why. If you visit lippmanncollection.com it's the one that's set apart, off to the side, in it's own flower. Because it is awesome.

Without further ado:


OK. What can I tell you about this? It's a gorgeous shimmery silver blue bit of wonderful. I fell in love with this. It's like my beloved Knackered (butterLondon) without the bits of holo sparkle. That is described as "oyster" and it's accurate. This is more blue, but it has that same feel.

The label shot which shows how this quite simply glows. This is backup worthy and you know how rarely I say that. I don't even have words to describe how amazing this is. You can see the blue tint better here. It's so soft and lit up. I just want to stare at it.

It's so much more than a silver. It's iridescent, it's almost like the shimmer lays on top. This is nothing special as far as swatching goes, either. This is two coats, no base coat, no top coat. This is what it looks like right out of the gate. It's like a soft silver with a blue iridescent shimmer lying over the top, but it's all one polish.

I sound like an idiot, don't I?


Fortunately, I had a lovely day when I swatched this and these are all sunlight pictures through the window. You can see on the pinky that it might want to be a little brush strokey, and some may not like the frost feel of it, but I love this.

And it does look like moonlight on a clear blue lake. It's nicely named!


You can see here there is a touch of lavender, the blue, the silver...this is flat out a big winner and the charm of the three new polishes. The others are pretty as well, but they cannot compete with this. This is wearable, elegant, a dream to apply and hypnotic.

Stop staring and go order it!

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment