Monday, February 4, 2013

Chanel - Rouge Noir

I hadn't really wanted to do a bunch of Chanel's and I'm not...but I am following a set of Chanel's with another Chanel and I apologize. It is GREAT, though. So for that I do not apologize!

I had read on one blog or another, and forgive me, it's been over a month I no longer remember who this was, and I apologize to them, too! I'm a disaster. Don't you guys know that by now? But I had read that if you really wanted the old fashioned Vamp to not get the re-release, get Rouge Noir. Which, if you don't speak French means Black-Red or Blackened Red, depending on how you want to translate it and honestly...that's exactly what this is.

 Not the world's best picture but it IS color accurate. It's a very dark...dare I say, Vampy red. It darkens as the nail curves and if you remember from ages past, I showed you how much mine curve, which I think adds so much drama. I love it.

As dark as this is, you will never mistake it for black. You can easily see here that it's not black, but a very dark red. The term that keeps coming to mind is "cherry cordial". I'm not sure why, but that's what I think of in my weird world of word association.

I'm not great at discerning jellies but this looks very jelly to me. It has a very squishy appearance. If something can appear vampy and squishy at the same time.

This is three coats. It's very very glossy and the jelliness of it wanted to be a little on the sheer side. That translated really as not streaky exactly, but just not even. Splotchy? It took three coats to fully level.

Sorry for the ucky lid there...I try to wipe them off and then the camera picks up other stuff.

I'm very pleased with how these swatches turned out! They're very true to color and look. I like this color a lot. It's wearable, not inappropriate in the office, very glossy, vampy, sexy, and classic. It's going to look good on a lot of different skin tones...the only thing I don't like is the Chanel price tag. I don't think I have anything like this, though. Not quite.

I hope you like it too!

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment