Thursday, February 21, 2013

butterLondon - Molly-Coddled

The next sweetie on the table is Molly-Coddled. I really love this color. This is a sweet but sassy bluish lavender. I swear I don't love it because I have a sweet puppy named Molly. Nope. That's not it.

I can see where you might be thinking "But Tricks...that's really...well, it's kinda pink!" Yessss, it kinda is. But it's also very purple.

It's so sweet but...not. Something about it is hard as nails and I love that. I hope you can discern my meaning because I'm pretty sure I can't explain myself.

This is without flash, which brings the blue out more.

Gorge. It's not as blue as the Deborah Lippmann from Girls. It's more pink, the two are really very distinct, I can't lie. I tried it and I think I have some snaps to prove it. If you like them, I recommend picking them both up because these two colors have very unique voices. I do have it, I just saw it. Coming up. Wait for it!

While this did go on rather chalky and thick, there is a lot of pigment there, it dries to this really nice sheen. Of course you want a top coat, but it does give you this nice shine. Odd in a pastel. MDAMO says "It really reminds me of those Easter candies". It does.

The hard candy shell. :)

So...ummm...just in case you were wondering...yeah, NOTHING alike. NOTHING. See how the Lippmann is softer? I don't know. Maybe it's me. These were with flash, incidentally, in case you didn't figure that out by the washed out appearance. **facepalm**

I really like this one. It's not going to work with every skin tone, I can't see an olive tone really rocking this...I don't know. Maybe. But I don't think so. Do the bottle test on the back of your hand to be sure you're going to like it. I love it. And all it's hard candy coating feel.

Happy Talons!

No comments:

Post a Comment