Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nubar Gold Feather

I wanted a duochrome...I was looking for something different and I know that Nubar does some great duochromes and I have a couple of their more cult status colors. Peacock Feather, which is So duo, it kind of freaks out a friend of mine. Not as much as Orly Space Cadet did...but she stared at it and stared at it and deciding it disturbed her declared she didn't like it. This is a girl who rarely ventures outside the China Glaze Ruby Pumps arena. Blue on her toes is a downright upsetting experience. I'm working on her.
So...Peacock Feather is too wintery....Didn't feel like the blue I have...wanted more summery, but not neon...Hm. Wildlife? Too Autumn. Went for Gold Feather. Immediately wished I'd gone for Wildlife. Not that Gold Feather isn't gorgeous? It  definitely is. But it's a fall leaf, Autumnal color. It SCREAMS Autumn. And it didn't duochrome on me. So I have a feeling this post will contain a lot of whining about how I didn't want a fall color and how this failed me. But it is pretty. Even Ruby Pumps said so. She loved it.

Here is it, in all it's Maple Leaf Goldness Glory:


I don't know...burnished bronze? It is really pretty...but it's Faaalllll color. :( (That's me whining in text. Odd because I don't actually whine in real life. It was a bad peeve of my mother's. Simply not permitted. It was the one thing that may have made the patient saint snapping on you.) It just wasn't what I wanted. If I had randomly chosen this in October I'd have been off my head with joy. It looks good on me...It shows off my citrine ring beautifully, and I do love me some Phury-eye jewelry (Shout out to my fellow Cellies!! You know who you are. All you Phury haters just hush.) I be wearing my citrines today...a pic do you say? I'd love to but I am not sporting Gold Feather any longer. I'm just that bloody far behind on my blog. And I do apologize for that. I've been sick. Perpetually.

So...yeah. Right now I'm very meh on this color. I was so meh on it I only took this one swatch. What does that tell you? Oh, poor Gold Feather. Had I only waited to put you on until October or so. How I would have loved you then. It's not you. It's me. I can't commit right now. I want a springy bright beachy surf and sand fling. I...**sigh**It was just bad timing. Perhaps we will meet another time, at another season, for another manicure.

I totally just got weird on you, I know. I was inspired. By really bad acting, evidently.

So, this manicure wore...OK. It didn't do badly. It too survived some breakage and a lot of dishes. Really, to be honest, it wore for roughly 5 days and the right hand did most of the peeling and chipping, which I expect. I am ambi, but favor the right so...there are things I definitely do better left handed. Throwing things for one, which is weird. But anyways, I do expect more wear on the righty and that's exactly what I got.

Nubar is a vegan company, for those of you who are interested. They have a rather vast line and you can get some nice deals on their website. They sell their collections as a whole or individually so if you hate every other color you're not trapped. If you buy the whole set they come in a cute little suitcase. I only have a spare few Nubars, not because they're not good colors or anything, but because I have such a miserable time on their website keeping my shopping to a dull roar. If you have some restraint you should check them out. Unfortunately, it was fall last time I loitered around on there and so most of what I have are more fall colors.

Down to the mechanics of it:

1 coat Seche Base Coat
1 coat Nailtiques 2
2 coats Seche Rebuild
2 coats Nubar Gold Feather
1 coat Seche Vite Top Coat

It went on wonderfully well. If you were careful you might pull off a one coater. I just prefer two. I know many bloggers do three, and I confess, their nails often look a bit better, but I'm not that patient. I also confess to that. Painting my nails is not only a vanity, it is one of the few ways I can force myself to sit still for awhile. Otherwise I'm constantly fidgeting. So...that said, I don't have the quietness in me to sit for a third coat of paint unless they just look rubbish without it. It dried fairly quickly, if I remember correctly, and the Seche Vite didn't hurt the color or eat the duochrome. I just didn't get any. Maybe this isn't really meant to be one and I'm confused. I did get a lovely not quite metallic finish, I just didn't get any duo.

I hope you like this one. I did. Just not right now.

Happy Polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment