Sunday, June 26, 2011

I love BB Couture

Remember I had said that I had been snatching up yellows but I didn't know if I could wear them? I got brave. I tried BB Couture Daisy Dweller and found out that I could! It's bright daisy (how appropriate, right?) yellow. It's in your face, take no prisoners, not apologizing, pretty, girly, bright yellow. It also has some sparkle for good measure! It's M&M yellow. I have the proof! It's the yellow of your phone book cover and that I don't have a swatch to prove so you just have to take my word for it.

Check it out:


OK, this swatch does show that I do get a tad lobster paw-ish. Yellow honestly isn't actually my color and it's not a color I typically like. However, it does lighten your mood, no lie. I was fascinated by this polish, I confess. I took 12 swatches of it over time.
Wanna see the M&M shot? Betcha do!

You can even see some of the shimmer there on the pinkie.

There is the nearly obligatory work shot. That lighting is amazing for swatching. It's unnatural so be aware of that, though. However,  it really is this bright.

Here I got a good pick of the even brighter yellow sparkle that is in the polish. Unfortunately, the Seche Vite ate the shimmer. I'm not sure what you do with that because this polish did go on slightly rough. You could feel the glitter, which I hate. I like a nice smooth and glassy finish so I have to sacrifice the sparkle to the top coat gods. The shimmer could still be seen, it just became super subtle, which was a bit of a drag.


Here's a sunlight pic for you:

Meh. Could be a better shot. We've had bad weather here for...ever, and sunlight is something I have to catch by luck. Wow, my fingers look weird.




See? I told you I swatched the crap out of this. I couldn't stop looking at it.



Why isn't blogger letting me insert rows? Freak. [OK, on the preview read through, I had to reset my internet connection and the cut an paste and guess what? Rows. Sometimes I hate my internet.]

To do the mani, I tried the Seche Vite chocolate chip cookie accident again, just to see what happened. It was good. I might be on to something here. I will show you the chippage here in a bit because it did eventually chip, as all of them will, but more on that in a second.

1 coat Seche Base Coat
1 coat Nailtiques 2
2 coats Seche Rebuild
1 coat Seche Vite Top Coat
4 coats Daisy Dweller - I can't lie, it goes on sheer. To get opacity like I like, I did 4 coats. FOUR! Not a plus on this polish. However, it was 4 nice-to-apply coats. They went on beautifully, just not opaque.
1 coat Seche Vite

It did eventually wear and chip, but it took days. Of course, this was TEN coats of lacquer as well! That being said, none of the too thick polish problems you sometimes get. Peeling was never an issue, not even after it started to chip, which...that's kind of amazing.

Here is the chip mess:


MMM, yeah. You see that. However, it was confined to those two nails. In Daisy Dwellers defense, I had to have done roughly 90 sinks of dishes and cleaned the bathroom sink. This stuff saw a lot of water. Now...the interesting thing is, and I have to confess a sin here, once my polish starts to chip I can NOT leave it alone. I'm OCD about it, I want it off. I want it off now. It just looks cheap and lazy and defeats the whole purpose of  nail maintenance. I hate it. I hate when other people let their nails go and I definitely won't let mine. So I will pick at it. It's bad, I know. Want a nice way to start removing the surface of your nails? Pick your polish off. This swatch is after I had been picking at it. This is all that would come off. I don't have a top view of it because...all I could get off is pretty much what you see here and the left hand barely chipped at all. Maybe a little mouse bite on one nail.

Hm. Interesting.


Anyone else out there up for the yellows? Did I change your mind good or bad?

I'd love to know!

Happy Polishing!


No comments:

Post a Comment