Thursday, October 11, 2012

Models Own Emerald Black

Models Own is still a pretty new brand to me. I am still working on my original haul from them so I hope I don't steer you wrong.

Emerald black, I believe, has been around for a little while. It's still available as a part of the Beetlejuice collection and I have to say, it did remind me of the blackened green carapace of a beetle. I was asked a couple of times if it was black, but it's not. It's definitely dark. it's definitely duo-chrome, but it's not black. It's blackened...the website describes this collection as "oil slick", which is a pretty apt description.

The thing about this is, that unless you're in direct sunlight, you can't see that this is also rich in shimmer. I was afraid I would wreck looking at it. BMWWU did this one, as you can tell, and holy crap is it great.

YAY! The shimmer is really showing up here. But see how it blackens as soon as it's out of direct light? Mmmmm. Great stuff! I love colors like this. They're mysterious and a little dangerous. This is my fave look.

Unfortunately, this one didn't wear all that well. The other Model's Own that I've tried have worn very well so this one surprised me. It might have had to do with the difference between what base/top coats we used on the others as opposed to this one, too. I'm not entirely sure. I know part of the problem is my being a nervous wreck right now and picking at where my tips were sealed. Doesn't take long for that to become a chip.

Not terrible. This is fixable.

This, though..really kind of not worth it. I don't know how this happened, I just looked down and there was a big chunk of lacquer missing.

I really love this.

And I can't believe I didn't get a bottle shot for you. Huh. I'm sorry about that!

I hope you enjoy this one. Models Own is having a big sale right now, you should check into it.

http://www.modelsownit.com/

I would but I've put myself on a pretty strict no-buy. I am still picking up limited editions, like the Deborah Lippmann True Blood set, and I'm hoping to scrape together $15 plus shipping for the always great China Glaze Halloween set this year, but I'm trying to keep it to a dull roar.

Next up: my nod to last Friday's James Bond anniversary. *wink wink*

Happy Talons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment