Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Spring Spring!!!

OK, for my first big review I have to already start out apologizing because...I kinda forgot that my camera is set up to be used on my old computer not this one...Derrrrrr. What a dork. But I didn't want to post a welcome and then not actually post a review so pictures will be forthcoming. I even took them! And....yeah. Fail. Epically.

Soooo...Hm. Well! The polish that inspired me to stop thinking about this blog and actually start writing it is butterLONDON Dosh. I chose it for it's lovely spring green loveliness, though green is pretty much out of character for me. It is also full of shimmery goodness.

In this process I also tried the butter Nail Foundation and Harwear top coat. My nails tend to want to split and peel so I did start with one coat of Poshe base, two coats of Seche Rebuild, which is having a very positive effect on the claws, then two coats of Nail Foundation. Let me pause to tell you about the wonderfulness of Nail Foundation! They must call it this because it looks just like a make-up foundation for your face. You could probably wear this on its own if you were so inclined. It would make a great mannequin manicure. It dries pretty matte and eliminates VNL (Visible Nail Line). Then I did two coats of Dosh over it which takes to the Foundation like no one's business. I then finished off with one coat of Hardwear.

Now...I mentioned in my intro that I have a mani-killer job. It's not just a mani-killer...it's like a serial mani-killer. There is often downright nail slaughter going on in my little office. I shuffle much paperwork and type many keystrokes. Fortunately I can get away with non-traditional colors there. However, even my amazing manicurist's professional manis will only make it about a week. (Best Manicurist in the Whole Wide Universe! You know who you are!) This manicure that I did myself (which typically looks like drunken monkeys were set loose) has lasted three whole days with barely any tip wear, which I would be pleased to prove to you...just as soon as I can tear my desk apart to get to the wiring to...blah blah blah. You know what I mean. <Insert repeat facepalm here> As both butterLONDON's Nail Foundation and Hardwear PD Quick Top Coat are brand new to me, I am not sure to which this credit is due, or if it is the combination of both that has accomplished this. I don't know. It will take additional experimentation to determine, but I have a sneaking suspicion it is the Nail Foundation solely based on the way I could see the lacquer cling to it during application. I will typically see tip wear after a day. As in ONE.

A note about the top coat...I've seen faster drying formulas. I seriously have. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't Seche Vite vite. It also didn't present some of the Seche issues I tend to have, either. It goes on like a nice smooth top coat, didn't eat my shimmer and no shrinkage, which I HATE. Don't you hate spending a couple hours getting your nails perfect only to have the tips shrink up on you? GAH! So I slapped a couple drops of drying solution on my talons, ran some cold water over them and called it a night. No worries! That was all the encouragement it needed. Definitely recommended, but when I have more time I will try to report back on just how quick it really does end up being. It was late, I was tired and I went for the drops. I'm happy with the end result, though.

butters tend to have great formula, in my opinion. This was a tad thin, but nothing unmanageable. It sure was gorgeous going on. It does require two coats as it tended to thin in spots but it self corrected with another coat. The springy new leaf shade of green is wonderfully flattering on my ghostly skin tone and I have had many, many compliments. I am a fixture at one of my local make-up departments (A talented make-up artist is a great friend to have, especially if she's as wonderful and intelligent as my buddy!) and all the girls went mad for it. More conservative polish fans may find it a little edgy. Who am I kidding? In the Midwest, it's EDGY! But I am finding I am loving it.

Wish I could show you. *smacks forehead*

All in all, definitely a recommend!!! I haven't seen any other colors like it, and it's definitely no Zulu clone. As I'm lacking in swatches, I hope you'll do a search for it and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment